Deb asked: How do I clean a black toilet? I’m going to be the proud owner of a brand new black toilet. I want to make sure I take the best care of it. What is the best way to keep it clean? Can I use the bleach tabs that go in the tank?
A black toilet can offer a dramatic look to any bathroom, but keeping them clean can be problematic. Most water contains minerals, and the white deposits they leave are especially noticeable on a black surface. Additionally, dust shows readily, so to keep your black toilet looking its best you will need to follow these steps frequently.
You Will Need:
- The Works Toilet Bowl Cleaner, available at most supermarkets
- Toilet brush
- Gel-Gloss, available at hardware stores or online
- Clean, dry cloth
Steps to Clean the Toilet:
- Squirt The Works into the toilet bowl, making sure you get under the rim. This product quickly dissolves hard water and mineral stains that are more noticeable in black toilets.
- Wait a few moments, then scrub the bowl with a toilet brush.
- Flush away the cleaning product after scrubbing. If needed, repeat steps 1-3.
- Next, apply Gel-Gloss to exterior surfaces with a towel.
- Wait for it to dry to a haze.
- Buff to a polished shine.
- Repeat as needed to remove routine dust and bathroom messes.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Drop in bleach tablets aren’t recommended for use in tanks because they damage rubber parts -including seals, which may cause leakage. Regular cleanings with the above methods are best.