Sandra asked: How do I clean the Caruso hair system unit? There used to be an article on the web that described how to take apart and clean the Caruso hair system. It seems that over time, the steam opening becomes clogged and is unable to release steam. I think t his is due to hard water water deposits. Please tell me how to clean this unit. Thank you.
Since the Caruso hair system uses regular water, it is no doubt that hard water stains will build up over time. The extent will depend largely on the type of water you have available.
You Will Need:
- Soft cloths
Steps to Clean the Unit:
- Begin by filling the unit with water.
- Add one tablespoon of vinegar.
- Run the unit through a normal cycle. The vinegar will run through the machine as it produces steam and loosen the mineral deposits.
- Once the cycle has run, simply wipe away the loosened deposits. If there is a build-up of deposits, a soft cloth can be moistened with vinegar and used to wipe them away.
- Repeat if necessary
- To clean the exterior of the unit, moisten a soft cloth with water and wipe it down completely.
- Allow the system to dry.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Do not submerse the unit in water as it is electrical and may be damaged.
- It is recommended that the unit be cleaned after every 20 uses. Clean it more frequently if your water is hard and the deposits build up more quickly.
- To help minimize the deposits, consider using distilled water in the unit.