Beverly asked: How do I clean a white convertible roof and molds from inside. I have black marks over my white convertible roof and mold marks inside. How should I remove them?
When it comes to cleaning your convertible roof, choose a cleaner that is safe and effective. Check with your dealer for any recommended items, or use the one found below. With a little time and effort, you will have it looking as good as new.
You Will Need:
- Renovo Soft Top Canvas Cleaner
- Soft bristled brush
- Soft cloths
Steps to Remove the Stains:
- Begin by gently cleaning the area to remove any loose dust or debris.
- Shake the bottle well.
- Apply a thin layer of the cleaner with a sponge.
- Use a soft brush, sponge or cloth to gently rub the cleaner into the canvas.
- For tougher stains, allow the cleaner to sit on the stain for up to 30 minutes.
- Remove the cleaner with a soft cloth and water. For the exterior, it can be rinsed away with a hose.
- Once all of the residue from the cleaner is removed, allow the surface to dry completely.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Do not allow the cleaner to dry on the surface.
- For additional protection, apply a protectant product designed for the specific material of your convertible once the area is clean.
- When scrubbing the surface with the cleaner, do not allow it to spread to other surfaces as it may cause damage.
- Avoid using bleach-based products. Even though it will remove the mold, the stitching in the convertible top will become weakened and is more likely to become damaged.
- Check your owner’s manual for additional cleaning and care information for your convertible top. With all of the new chemicals and products on the market, they are complete and offer a solid understanding of what can and cannot be used on your particular convertible top.