Taylor asked: How do I clean a Juicy purse? I have Juicy Contour Handbag. It is leather, I’m assuming. My husband put a bottle of Pepsi in it, and it leaked all over the inside of my bag. The soda is now bleeding on the outside of my bag and has large, dark circles that are very noticeable. What should I do?
Juicy handbags are beautiful accessories that you will want to take great care of to make them last. They cannot tolerate normal cleaning processes, but they can be cleaned with a weak cleaning solution and plenty of gentle care. Here’s how to clean your bag and remove the stains.
You Will Need:
- Mild, bleach free detergent
- Soft white cloths
- Fan or hairdryer
- Bucket or bowl
Steps to Clean the Purse:
- Fill a bucket, bowl or sink with cool to lukewarm water.
- Add a small amount of mild, bleach free detergent. (The final ratio should be about 1 part detergent to 30 parts water.)
- Moisten a clean, white cloth with the mixture.
- Blot the stained area, working from the outside towards the center. Do NOT rub the surface or it will damage the fibers and leave the area looking worn and faded.
- Turn the cloth often as you continue to blot the stain.
- Once clean, use a dry cloth to gently brush the edges. You want to “feather” them so that it doesn’t leave a distinct water line as it dries.
- To avoid water spots, dry the area quickly. This can be accomplished by placing the purse in front of a fan or drying it with a hairdryer using the cool setting.
- If the stain remains, repeat the above steps.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Leather cleaners can also be used for removing stains. There are a variety of high quality products on the market. They can be purchased from any quality leather store.
- Visit the store where you purchased your purse. They often carry products that are gentle and safe to clean the handbags.
- If you are unsure of how the leather will react to the cleaning product, test a small, hidden area first. Clean a small spot and allow it to dry completely. If there are no adverse effects, it should be safe to proceed with the stained area.
- If you are unable to remove the stains yourself, consider having the purse professionally cleaned.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods