Donna asked: How do I clean the nylon seat part of a wheelchair? Incontinence of bowel has caused staining on my Mom’s wheelchair. I don’t know if a spray is good. Is there something that will remove the stain without a lot of sudsing?
If the manufacturer’s preferred cleaning method doesn’t provide the results you’re looking for, you’re in luck. These simple steps will both clean and deodorize the nylon wheelchair seat with little to no scrubbing, all without leaving a residue behind.
You Will Need:
- Kids ‘N’ Pets Stain Remover
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Park the wheelchair over a folded towel to catch any drips.
- Pour Kids ‘N’ Pets directly on the stain.
- Wipe or scrub gently with a sponge.
- Repeat until the stains are gone.
- Use a clean sponge to “rinse” the nylon with fresh water. To prevent the appearance of water lines, dampen the whole seat so it can dry evenly.
- Pat all wet surfaces with a towel to speed the drying process.
- Allow the seat to air dry completely before using.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Kids ‘N’ Pets removes stains as well as odors. It’s non-toxic and safe for use around kids and pets.
- If the wheelchair needs to be used before the seat dries, place a cushion or folded towel over it to aid drying and protect the user from dampness.
- Always spot test in a hidden area before you begin.