Christine asked: What is a good way to get dirt and grime off a pair of Crocs? I’ve seen containers of “Crocs cleaners” in stores where Crocs are sold. Do you know what this cleaner is and if there is anything else I could use instead?
The latest fad in footwear, Crocs have become extremely popular with all ages and backgrounds. These sandal-like shoes are made from a non-porous resin that makes them very durable and keeps them from absorbing things such as stains, odors, etc. They are extremely easy to care for with things that you have right in your own home.
You Will Need:
- Dish detergent
- Soft cloths
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
- Scrub brush
Steps to Clean the Crocs:
- Begin by rinsing the shoes thoroughly with plain water. Much of the dirt will be removed this way.
- For any remaining dirt, mix some dish detergent with water in a bucket or sink.
- Use the soft cloth to wipe off any dirt and grime that may seem stuck to the surface.
- If a stubborn stain is giving you problems, use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to wipe it away.
- If they are really soiled, add a small amount of bleach to the water.
- As the Crocs are soaking, use a scrub brush to scrub the dirt away.
- Rinse the shoes thoroughly and allow them to dry completely.
- That’s it! They’re ready for another round of outdoor exploration, beach time, work, etc.
Additional Tips and Ideas
- For quick cleanings, place the Crocs in the dishwasher. Running them through a normal cycle has been found effective in removing even tough stains like grass stains.
- For on-the-go cleanings, keep a package of Armor-all wipes handy. These wipes can be used to quickly spruce up your Crocs when you’re out and about.
- If you have tough dirt and grime build-up and want to avoid bleach, try Formula 409 spray cleaner. Just spray it on and scrub the area until it is clean. Rinse thoroughly after all of the dirt is removed.
- Though there are special cleaners available, they are not necessary. Even the Croc website suggests just using soap and water or just water to clean Crocs. However, if your Crocs are looking a little dull, you may want to consider Croc Butter. It’s an oil-like polish that will restore the surface of your Crocs and keep them looking shiny and new.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods