Dogs are notorious for marking their territories and returning to do it again. Whether your pooch has had an accident or is making sure everyone knows the house is his, you want to rid the area completely of the urine and any lingering odors that accompany it.
You Will Need:
- Rubber gloves
- Pet urine remover or vinegar
- Paper towels
- Old cloths or towels
Steps to Remove the Urine:
- Whenever cleaning pet urine, wear rubber gloves to protect your hands.
- Start by mopping up the mess or use old towels or paper towels to soak it up.
- Next, you will need to treat the area for odors and stains.
- There are a variety of pet urine removers available. Nature’s Miracle is a well known brand with a high success rate. Kids ‘n Pets is another product designed for removing a variety of stains and odors. Both are effective removing the stains and lingering odors that come from dog urine. Some have also found simple, white vinegar to be effective in removing pet odors as well.
- Apply you selected cleaning product liberally to the area.
- For carpet or padded furniture, make sure you apply enough to reach the bottom of the stain so all of the odor is removed.
- Some cleaning products will recommend that the product be scrubbed and rinsed, while most are left to air dry. The extra time on the stain allows the product time to break down the urine proteins and odors to remove them completely.
- If cleaning a hard floor, simply apply the product and wipe the area clean with paper towels. Note that cloths or old towels can be used as well, but they will also hold the odor, even after a regular washing.
- Once the area is dry, vacuum carpeted areas to restore the texture of the carpet.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Be sure to treat the entire area to avoid a repeat occurrence. Pets are likely to return to the same spot and urinate gain if they smell any of their “markings” in the area.
- The best indicator to determine if the smell is still there is to watch your pet. They will smell an area with a scent more intently, giving you time to move them outdoors and retreat the area.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods