Bill asked: How do I clean guacamole out of polyester corduroy? The corduroy is a medium brown and is a fine polyester corduroy.
Guacamole stains are different from other fruit stains because of the high fat content that avocados have. When treating these stains, it’s important to also remove the fat stains that may have left a mark.
You Will Need:
- Cold water
- Laundry detergent
- Stain treatment
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Use the spoon to scrape as much of the guacamole or avocado off of the garment as possible.
- Run the garment under cold water to remove as much of the fruit or dip as you can.
- Treat the stain directly by rubbing laundry detergent or stain treatment directly onto the stained area. Rub it in with your fingers.
- Keeping the laundry detergent on the stain, soak the area in cold water for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water. If the stain remains, repeat the detergent application and soaking.
- Once the stain is removed, launder the garment as usual in the hottest temperature allowed for the fabric. The hot water will aid in removing the fat stains.
- Check to ensure the stain is completely gone before drying.
Additional Tips and Advice
- If you are concerned, spot test a hidden area to ensure there are no unwanted effects to the fabric before tackling the stain.
- If the stain persists, it can be soaked in a weak bleach (for white fabrics) or oxygen bleach and water solution.