Dixie asked: What should I use to clean laminated windows? Thank you.
Laminated windows provide an extra level of safety, both from breakage and theft. The thin coating that is applied to both sides prevents the glass from shattering everywhere, causing harm to those in its path. They also provide a good sound barrier. This vinyl coating also requires a different cleaning method to keep it looking its best.
You Will Need:
- Non-abrasive glass cleaner
- Soft cloths or squeegee
Steps to Clean the Windows:
- Simply spray the surface with any non-abrasive glass cleaner.
- Wipe the surface clean with a soft cloth or squeegee.
- Continue wiping until all of the dirt and cleaner have been removed.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Do not use any abrasive scrubbers or cleansers on laminated windows. The vinyl coating can become damaged with tiny scratches. These tiny scratches will look like a film is on the window that cannot be removed.
- Many of the coatings applied are scratch resistant, so most normal window cleaning methods will work on laminated windows as well.