Renuka asked: How do I clean lead pencil stains from a plastic table? I own a tutoring center, and kids have doodles on the table with pencil. The tables are plastic or resin, the folding kind. How do I remove these stains? I have tried a lot of things. It makes them light, but does not completely take them away. I have tried the Magic Eraser too. Is there a paint spray or something that can be used as an alternative?
If a pencil eraser or soap and water won’t clean lead pencil marks from your table top, try this method instead.
You Will Need:
- Mild dish soap
- Paper towels
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Spray the lead marks with WD-40.
- Wait a couple of minutes, then wipe the stains with a damp sponge.
- Repeat if necessary.
- When the lead marks are gone, wash the oily residue from the sponge with soap and water.
- Use the sponge along with soap and water to remove WD-40 residue from the table.
- Wipe dry with clean paper towels.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Stains still there? Try wiping them with bleach, rubbing alcohol, acetone or glass cleaner. Do NOT mix any of the above, and always wash away any residue with soap and water before trying a new method.