Avinash asked: How do I keep white marble flooring white and clean?
Marble offers a luxurious flooring option that boasts of elegance and beauty. To keep it looking its best, it requires proper care and maintenance to prevent stains, cracks and scratches. Follow the general cleaning guidelines below to keep your marble looking extravagant for years to come.
You Will Need:
- Warm water
- Ammonia (only if necessary)
- Neutral pH cleaners
- Soft cloths
- Marble cleaner and/or polish
Steps to Clean the Flooring:
- Begin by filling a bucket with warm water.
- Moisten a mop with the water and gently wipe it over the flooring.
- If the floors are dirtier than normal and require something stronger than water, add a small amount of ammonia to the cleaning water.
- Neutral pH cleaners can also be used sparingly (once or twice a year) to remove dirt and grime.
- Rinse with clean, warm water.
- Use soft cloths to wipe the floor dry to avoid getting water spots. A quick way to do this is to wrap a soft cloth around a dry mop and push it around the floor to soak up the remaining water.
- If the floor becomes dull, it can be brought back to life with a marble cleaner and polish. Apply following the manufacturer’s instructions.
Additional Tips and Ideas
- Do NOT use any acids on marble flooring as it will mar the surface. Even a simple acid like vinegar must be avoided.
- For higher level cleanings, utilize the services of a professional who is experienced with marble flooring. They will use a process that will carefully remove the surface to leave you with a clean, fresh marble.
- Sealers can also be applied to marble for additional protection. However, there is some controversy because if they become worn or discolored, the stripping process to remove them is quite extensive and often requires a professional service.
- White floors should not be sealed because it can darken the color of the marble. Also, avoid waxing white marble as it tends to “yellow” it.
- Treat all stains promptly. Marble is a porous stone and will quickly absorb a stain. The longer the stain is left to sit, the more difficult it will be to remove.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods