Kittens often get a matted eyes when they are young. It’s important to see a veterinarian to determine if the problem is something more. Matted eyes with pus could be a sign of infection or disease. In the meantime, you can offer you kitten some relief with these steps.
You Will Need:
- Warm water
- Soft cloth
Steps to Clean the Kitten Eyes:
- Some kittens are cuddly, and others are frightened by handling. If you kitten is jittery, wrapping it gently in a blanket will help prevent scratches and keep the kitten calm.
- Moisten a soft cloth with warm water. Take caution not to make it too hot.
- Place the moist cloth on the matted eyes. Hold it there until the matted crust begins to loosen. This typically takes a couple of minutes.
- VERY gently wipe the eye. Do not apply pressure or pull at the matted crust.
- If needed reapply the cloth to soften it more.
- If it is working, and the kitten is tolerating it well, continue applying the cloth until the eye is able to open.
- If the kitten is agitated or it is not showing improvement, stop and allow the kitten to rest. Try again the next day.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Do not rub the eyes or pull at the matted build up. You don’t want to damage the eyelid or eye.
- When in doubt, contact a veterinarian. They will be able to give you the best advice for your particular situation.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods