Linda asked: How do I clean glass shower doors with the steam cleaner? I have soap scum and water spots on the glass. What is the best way to get rid of both? Thanks.
Soap scum can be difficult to remove and becomes hard as cement with age. While steam cleaners can make the cleaning job easier, they cannot remove the soap scum on their own. Still, they are a valuable cleaning tool.
Steps to Clean the Door:
- Begin by blasting the doors with the steam to remove the top layer of dirt and soap.
- Next, use our soap scum removal methods to finish the job.
- Once the soap scum is cleaned and/or loosened, use the steamer to remove the remaining dirt. The quick-drying steam will leave virtually no spots, so that problem will be taken care of as well.
- There are products available that can be added to the water container or the filter. These will cut through the soap scum and allow for easier removal. For a home remedy, use an equal amount of white vinegar and water in the steam cleaner.
- If you decide to add any product to the steam cleaner besides water, ventilate the area well.
- Regular cleanings can be completed with only the steam cleaner to keep soap scum and buildup at a minimum.