Melissa asked: How do I clean the netting on a playpen? After four babies, the netting on the pack ‘n play is soiled. I would like to clean it so I can pass it on.
This method for cleaning the mesh sides of a play pen or pack ‘n play can be time consuming and messy, but the results will be well worth it!
You Will Need:
- Tarp, waterproof mat, or hard outdoor surface
- Warm water
- Laundry detergent (gentle formula, no bleach)
- Sponges (2 of the same size)
- Clean white washcloths
- Clean towel
Steps to Clean the Netting:
- Remove everything from the inside of the playpen.
- Place the playpen on a tarp, waterproof mat, or outdoors on a hard surface. Water will drip off the playpen during this cleaning, so avoid doing it over carpet if possible.
- Add warm water and laundry detergent to the bucket and mix well. You want enough detergent to create a slightly sudsy solution. Don’t add too much, or the soap will be difficult to remove, and the resultant residue will attract dirt.
- Dip both sponges into the cleaning solution until they are saturated. Squeeze them lightly to remove excess moisture. You want them wet, but not dripping.
- Begin to clean the mesh netting by placing sponges back to back with one on each side of the netting. Clean both sides simultaneously, moving the sponges in unison. This technique will allow you to apply some pressure without damaging the netting. Clean both sides at once, and use the dual surface to scrub dirt away.
- Work your way around the play pen until the mesh is clean.
- Empty the bucket and rinse it clean. Fill it with fresh, clean water.
- Dip the washcloths into the clean water. Use the same back to back technique and work your way around the playpen a second time, rinsing the cloths in water frequently to remove any detergent residue.
- Use a clean, dry towel to mop up any excess water that may be sitting in the bottom of the play pen.
- Allow the play pen to air dry completely before using it again or closing it up for storage.
Additional Tips and Advice
- If you have to clean over carpet and do not have a waterproof mat, layer several thick towels over a few clean garbage bags. The towels will absorb the moisture, while the plastic bags prevent the dampness from seeping into the carpet.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods