Cat asked, “How do I clean up cracked egg on the floor?”
An egg hit the floor and you discovered that cleaning it up is a rather comedic endeavor. Well, with the quick trick below you can turn your kitchen comedy into a simple success.
Cleaning the Cracked Egg
You Will Need:
- Paper towels
- A plastic spatula
- A dustpan
- A sanitizing cleaner
Steps to Clean Up the Egg:
- Pick up the large pieces of shell if there are any.
- Sprinkle about a handful of salt onto the spilled egg.¹
- Let the salt soak up the egg for about 10 minutes.¹
- Use a paper towel or spatula to scoop up the egg or to push it into a dustpan. ²
- Sanitize any area that touched the raw egg, such as the floor or dust pan, with a disinfectant that is safe for the surface.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Do not use silver cutlery when working with (or cleaning up) raw eggs, as the egg can stain the utensil black. If this happens, use salt to remove the stain.³
- Classic Household Hints by Susan Waggoner
- Haley’s Hints by Graham and Rosemary Haley
- 10,000 Hints and Tips for the Home by Reader’s Digest