Maureen asked: How do I clean whirlpool jets? I had instructions for cleaning my jets using about 20oz. bleach and a capful of lemon liquid dishwasher soap. It said to fill the tub and run the mixture through for about 15 minutes. I’m not sure of the exact amounts of bleach or detergent. Could you help me? Thanks!
Clean jets are a key factor for a well running whirlpool. If you use your whirlpool tub regularly, you should clean the jets twice a month using this simple technique.
You Will Need:
- 2 tsp. Lemon dishwashing detergent
- 20 oz. Bleach (5-6% sodium hypochlorite)
Steps to Clean the Jets:
- Adjust the jets so no air will flow through.
- Fill the tub to about 2” higher than the jets.
- Add bleach and lemon dishwashing detergent.
- Run the jets for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off the whirlpool and drain the water.
- Rinse the tub with clean water.
Additional Tips and Advice
- If your whirlpool tub is especially large, add extra detergent and bleach.
- Use low-foaming dishwashing detergent for best results.