Karen asked: How do I clean white bucks (men’s shoes)? No one seems to know how to clean them. I have a husband and 3 sons who all wear them. Help!
White bucks are shoes that are often associated with a high level of class and sophistication. The challenge comes in keeping them white and in good condition so they will last more than a few wearings. Follow the steps below to keep your white bucks white.
You Will Need:
- Suede brush
- Erasers (ex: Nubuck Block by Tana)
- Chalk bag (Fiebing’s makes a recommended one)
- Lincoln White Buck and Suede Dressing
Steps to Clean White Bucks:
- To keep dirt from building up, it is best to clean white bucks after each wearing.
- Use a suede brush to clean away any dirt or build-up that may have occurred.
- Use a hard, white eraser to remove any scuff marks.
- A chalk bag allows for quick touch-ups to keep them looking sharp and white. Simply pat the bag onto the areas that need touching up.
- Apply Lincoln White Buck and Suede Dressing, following the manufacturer’s guidelines to restore the original whiteness.
Additional Tips and Ideas
- Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are also effective for removing scuff marks.
- How white you keep your white bucks is a personal preference. Some prefer to keep them looking white and new while others prefer to let them “age.”
- Make your own chalk bags by crushing up regular white chalk. Pour it into a piece of nylon and tie it off at the top.