Reader-Submitted Scrapbook Organization Tips
- My sister keeps separate multi-year scrapbooks just for band and sports and the clubs her kids are involved in.
- Get all the memories out once the school year’s over and arrange them with some text and news clippings to tell the ‘Story of the Year’.
- Our mom made us do this every Sunday afternoon: Use a jumbo 3-ring binder and put ineverything you want to keep from the week before. Most things done in school will fit in a 3-ring, and for the pictures and little things there are all sorts of clear plastic holders made to go in a binder.
- I made a scrapbook for my daughter’s high school years with a page for each special day in each school year, like the first day of class, picture day, field trips, homecoming and prom.
- Make a special page for all the signatures and doodles and sayings and things that people usually put in the back of a yearbook. That way you have them in with the special stuff you want to remember, not in a yearbook you don’t want to show to anyone.