Catherine asked: How do I protect black shearling boots? I have just purchased a pair of black Australian shearling boots and want to know if they can be worn in the rain. If not, what is the best product to use to protect them from rain and dirt? Once coated, will they be waterproof?
Although suede and shearling boots offer natural protection against rain or water, getting them wet will often leave stains behind. The following method will not make them waterproof, but it will help to protect them from the marks and stains often caused by exposure to moisture.
You Will Need:
- UGG Water and Stain Repellent Spray (Your local UGG retailer should have this)
Steps to Protect Boots:
- Begin with a clean boot. Do NOT use spray on dirty shearling.
- Hold the spray about 8″ from the surface of the shoe.
- Coat the surface with a thorough, even coat.
- Allow to dry completely before use.
Additional Tips and Advice
- UGG spray works on all types of sheepskin and suede and is recommended for all of these shoe types (not just UGGs).
- Even when your boots are properly protected, you should not wear them in water or rain.