Lisa asked: How do I remove alcohol and sambuca stains from my new suede Ugg boots? I went out to a friend’s party where someone spilled alcohol all over my Ugg boot. They have dried discolored, and the stains are very noticeable.
Alcohol tends to fade suede, making cleaning and spot removal difficult. If you don’t want to use Ugg Cleaning and Care Products, you can give these steps a try. They should improve the look of your boots, but as with any new method, you should spot test first in a hidden area.
You Will Need:
- Suede Brush and Eraser
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Gently work the eraser over the stained areas until you no longer see an improvement in the stain.
- If you notice a change in the color of the suede, use the eraser over the whole shoe (not just the stained areas).
- Once you’ve removed as much the stain as possible, use the suede brush in small circles to lift the nap and restore the original appearance.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Protect clean boots with Ugg Water and Stain Repellent to help prevent stains in the future.
- If you can’t achieve satisfactory results, a professional dry cleaner or shoe repair specialist may be able to restore the boots.