Sharon asked: How do I remove black marks from the gelcoat on a boat? I have black streaks on my boat, similar to those found on RVs. How can I safely remove them from gelcoat? Thanks for your help!
Removing black marks from the protective gel-coat of a boat is easy with this product that’s made just for this job. It’s readily available online from many marine supply stores. Here’s all you need to do to quickly make those black marks a distant memory.
You Will Need:
- Gel-Coat Black Streak Remover
- Soft cloth or non-abrasive sponge
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Following the label directions, spray the Gel-Coat Black Streak Remover onto the affected surfaces.
- Allow time for the thick, low-drop cleaner to work. The amount of time may vary. Consult the label to find the appropriate soaking time as it depends on the severity of the black marks.
- Wipe the surface clean with a clean, moist sponge or soft cloth.
- If desired, give the surface a good wash down using your normal cleaning routine.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Be sure to follow all of the label instructions for use and storage. This product is safe, non-toxic and biodegradable.