Christine asked: How do I remove white streaks from aluminum wheels? My hubby accidentally sprayed brake dust cleaner on aluminum wheels, and now there are white streaks. Help…
Brake cleaner is harsh and will quickly eat through any coatings on the aluminum wheels. This is what causes the white streaks or spots. While it is not possible to remove these spots, it may be possible to repair the damage or at least hide it.
You Will Need:
- Aluminum wheel polish
- Wheel cleaner (optional)
- Old soft cloths
Steps to Remove the Brake Cleaner Stains:
- Begin by removing as much of the damaged surface as possible with a good quality cleaner.
- The cleaner will act as a slight abrasive to remove some of the damage. It will take some elbow grease to get it cleaned good, so be prepared to put some effort into it.
- Next, apply an aluminum polish to the surface to restore the damaged surface and bring back the shine.
- Buff well.
Additional Tips and Advice
- If the white marks are not removed (or at least lessened), it may require adding a fresh clear coat to the surface.
- Novus #2 Plastic Polish has also been found effective in restoring the damaged surface and making it appear new again.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods