Danielle asked: How do I get orange Cheetos stains out of my carpet? I have white carpet, and my son got the powdered cheese from the Cheetos on it.
Cheetos not only stains your fingers, they leave marks wherever they land. When they hit the carpet, the orange powder seems nearly impossible to remove. Fortunately, there are several different products that users have found effective in removing these stubborn stains.
You Will Need:
- Choose one of the following cleaners:
- Simple Green
- Folex Spot Remover
- Spot Shot
- OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover
- Mild soap
- Soft cloths
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Fill a bucket with cool water. Add a small amount of mild soap or detergent and mix it in.
- Spray the chosen cleaning product onto the stain. If the product is a powder, mix it with water first.
- Allow it to set on the stain for a couple of minutes.
- Blot the stain with a clean cloth. You will see the orange stain transferring to the cloth. This is what you want to happen. Continue blotting and turning the cloth (you don’t want to reapply the cheese to the same area).
- Add more cleaner and continue blotting until no more color transfers to the cloth or the stain is removed.
- If a light stain remains, blot the area with the mild soap and water.
- Rinse by blotting with clean water.
- Press a dry towel over the area to remove any excess moisture.
- Allow the area to air dry completely.
Additional Tips and Advice
- If the colored stain will not release from the carpet, try blotting it with a small amount of rubbing alcohol OR ammonia. Do NOT use both. If your carpet is colored, spot test first to ensure it does not remove the coloring from the carpet.
- If the carpet can tolerate it, hydrogen peroxide has a bleaching effect on carpets and can be used to remove stains from white carpeting. Be sure to rinse well with clean water.
- If the stain cannot be removed, it may be necessary to call in the professionals to remove the stain. Cheetos stains can be tough and they won’t always come out with home cleaning products.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods