Janet asked: How do I remove china marker from automotive paint? Somebody wrote/drew with a China marker all over my truck’s paint. How do I remove it?
China markers, also known as grease pencils, are typically made of grease, wax and dyes. Therefore, as long as your vehicle’s finish is in good repair, this simple method will wipe china marker off automotive paint with very little effort and excellent results.
You Will Need:
- Clean, soft cloth
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Spray the affected areas with WD-40.
- Wait a few moments.
- Wipe away the marks with a clean, soft cloth.
- Repeat if necessary.
- If desired, wash the entire area with soap and water to remove any oily residue from the WD-40.
Additional Tips and Advice
- WD-40 will not harm existing paint. However, you should ensure that you wipe all of the residue off your vehicle as a precautionary measure.
- If possible, work in the shade. The heat of the sun can cause additional staining.