Willis asked: How do I remove dried bird blood from the car hood? I have a Cadillac CTS. The wind blew the bird onto the car hood, and the bird’s blood left a spot on the hood. The blood is dried.
Blood should come off automotive paint easily with this simple solution.
You Will Need:
- Mild dish soap
- Non-abrasive sponge
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Wet the sponge.
- Add a couple of drops of soap to the wet sponge.
- Start working on the blood. As it gets wet, it should wipe away without much trouble.
- Once it’s gone, rinse the soap off of the car.
Additional Tips and Advice
- If this doesn’t work, you may be dealing with something other than dried blood.
- If the stain is not removed, try covering it with a small bit of touch up paint. These are available in a wide range of colors that will allow you to find a match.
- Some believe that the enzymes in the blood can eat through the surface of the paint, which is why it can be so difficult to remove. If the blood has been sitting there for awhile, it may need to be professionally removed/repainted.