Sue asked: How do I remove ink from a suede jacket? I have a suede jacket that has newspaper ink on it. I love this jacket! SOS!!
Removing ink from suede is a snap with these steps. The unwanted stain will be gone in no time.
You Will Need:
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cotton swabs
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Moisten a cotton swab with a small amount of rubbing alcohol.
- Rub the moistened swab over the ink stain.
- The ink stain will quickly disappear.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Hairspray can also be used. The cheaper brands work best as they contain the most alcohol. Simply spray the ink area and wipe it away with a soft cloth.
- The stains can also be sanded off with an emery board. Use care when using this method not to ruin the suede.
- Some stains can literally be erased away. Use a white eraser. The coloring from pink ones will transfer to the suede and leave another stain. Simply rub the area until the stain is removed.
- Do not use water on suede as it will damage the texture.
- If the ink area is large, or you are uncertain about removing the stain yourself, have the stain removed by a professional cleaner.