Ramat said, “How do I remove inscription from my terrazzo floor?”
Terrazzo is a mixture of several materials, usually either marble or granite mixed with cement and possibly resin as well. Most types of ink stains can be removed with the steps below, including pen, marker, highlighter and even permanent marker. However, since terrazzo is a mix of materials, it is important for you to test any cleaning product on a small hidden area first to be sure it is safe for your specific floor.
You Will Need:
- Isopropyl alcohol
- A cloth
- Paper towels
- Plastic wrap
Steps to Remove the Ink:
- Wipe or pour some isopropyl alcohol over the ink.
- Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Gently rub the ink with a cloth. Be sure to use a cleaning cloth only as the ink will transfer to the cloth.
- This process can be repeated as many times as needed to remove the stain.
- If the ink has soaked deep into the terrazzo, a poultice will be required. Soak a few paper towels with the alcohol and lay them over the stain.
- Cover the paper towels with some plastic wrap, which will help to hold in the moisture.
- Leave the paper towels on the stain for several hours or up to 24 hours.
- Remove the paper towels and clean the area as usual.
- If you would like to try a commercial product, Krud Kutter Graffiti Remover is a good choice as it will remove ink and is safe for terrazzo.
- Never use an all purpose cleaner on terrazzo.
- Never use a strong acid or alkaline cleaner on terrazzo.