Anne asked: How do I remove a stain from hand gel on my leather sofa? Some antibacterial hand gel has marked my brown leather sofa. It has left a white circle. I have cleaned it with leather polish, but it’s still there. Any advice would be most grateful.
When your leather is marred by a white or “faded” spot, you’ve most likely bleached the color. If the piece has great sentimental or monetary value you may want to have a professional do the restoration, but if you want to do it yourself, here’s a simple method you can use.
You Will Need:
- Liquid Leather Color Repair
Steps to Restore the Color:
- Use the colors provided in the kit to create a hue to match your leather.
- Test the color on the material provided in the kit.
- Once you have a match, pour the color you created into the pen provided.
- Follow kit directions to apply the new color directly to the leather.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Before you begin, ensure the leather surface is free of dirt, oils, dust, or residue from cleaners. The dye will not work as well if the leather is not clean.
- Your manufacturer may be able to provide a dye kit or pen to match your leather.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods