Cath asked: How do I remove permanent marker from a doll’s face? The head of the doll is hard, and the body is soft. The marker is just on the head.
When permanent marker lands on unwanted surfaces, it can be tricky to remove. Fortunately, this is not a new problem and there a host of options to choose from. Use the items and steps below to remove the unwanted marks.
You Will Need:
- Cotton swabs or cotton balls
- Rubbing alcohol
- Nail polish remover (with acetone)
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
- Soft cloths
- Mild soap
Steps to Remove the Marker:
- For the purposes of this guide, we will work our way through the products above, however, if you don’t have one of them on hand, feel free to skip a step and move onto the item that is available.
- Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are great for removing all kinds of stains. Simply moisten the sponge and rub it over the marker. If it doesn’t remove all of the marks, continue on with the next step.
- Moisten a cotton swab or cotton ball with rubbing alcohol. Rub the alcohol over the marked surface. If the doll has other paints and colorings on the surface, use the cotton swab for better accuracy.
- Nail polish remover is another great at-home product for removing permanent marker. Again, moisten the cotton ball or swab with the remover and rub it over the affected area.
- Once the stain is removed, clean the surface with soap and water to remove any residue from the cleaning products.
Additional Tips and Advice
- While these methods will remove the marker, they can also remove the coloration that is used to add details to a doll’s face. If there is other paints/marking on the doll that you don’t removed, use the cotton swabs and watch closely as you are cleaning to ensure they are not being rubbed away with the marker.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods