Katherina said, “Hi I would like to know how to clean permanent marker from my Suede lounge suite.”
Although permanent marker is intended to be permanent, it can usually be removed. Suede is one surface that the marker is particularly easy to remove it from. Follow the steps below to remove the marker stain.
Removing the Stain
You Will Need:
- A cotton swab
- Rubbing alcohol
- A paper towel
- A nail file
- A suede brush
- A towel
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Dip a cotton swab in some rubbing alcohol.
- Dab the cotton swab on a paper towel to remove the excess moisture, then rub the swab over the permanent marker stain.
- Continue wetting the swab, dabbing it, then running it over the stain until the marker is gone. Use a new cotton swab as the ink is transferred to the swab.
- Once the stain is removed, blot the area with a towel to remove excess moisture.
- If the marker is stubborn, use a nail file to rasp it off. Use caution not to rasp off too much of the suede and cause damage.
- Once the stain is gone, rub a suede brush or dry towel over the area to rub up the nap.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Hair spray can be used instead of rubbing alcohol if needed. Simply spray the hair spray onto a cotton swab to wet it, then use the swab to remove the marker stain.
- Do not use water on the suede.