Nancy asked: How can I get Pine-Sol/ water stains off of a stainless steel refrigerator? I used Pine-Sol and water to clean food stains on stainless steel, and now have marks.
Stainless steel is known for picking up marks, smudges, and stains, but this simple solution provides stunning results for almost every mess. Here’s what you need to do.
You Will Need:
- Bar Keepers Friend
- Dry towel
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Wet the sponge and wipe the surface to be cleaned.
- Sprinkle Bar Keepers Friend on the wet sponge.
- Wipe the sponge in the direction of the grain, rubbing gently.
- Rinse the sponge well, then soak it with hot water and wipe the stainless steel surface clean.
- Buff with a dry towel.
Additional Tips and Advice
- To prevent scratches, make sure the refrigerator is wet and that you do not apply dry Bar Keepers Friend to the surface. Although Bar Keepers Friend is a very mild abrasive, it’s safe for stainless steel if you follow this precaution.
- If the Bar Keeper’s Friend does not remove the stain, it may help to apply a stainless steel polish. Directions for this can be found in our guide How to Remove Bleach Stains from Stainless Steel.