Franne asked: How do I remove Pledge furniture polish with orange oil off my painted wall? I was polishing a wooden bookcase, and I didn’t realize that when I sprayed, the Pledge landed on the wall as well. I quickly wiped it down with a paper towel, but there is a huge stained area. I’m putting my home up for sale on Monday, and this isn’t a good thing to have happen. Thanks so much.
The same polish that makes our furniture shine so beautifully, can leave a dreadful mark on other surfaces. Easily remove greasy or oily stains from walls with this simple home remedy.
You Will Need:
- Small dish
- Brush or dry cloth
- Broom or vacuum
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Place cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Add just enough water, while stirring, to make a thick paste.
- Use your fingers to apply the paste to the wall over the stain.
- Wait for the paste to dry (about 2 hours).
- Wipe the cornstarch away with a brush or dry cloth.
- Clean up any mess from the floor below with a broom or vacuum.
Additional Tips and Advice
- The cornstarch will absorb grease and oils, allowing you to brush the mess away once it dries.
- Make your paste thick enough to stick to the walls, but not so thin that it runs.