Norma asked: “Hi I just found that my microwave got a regular scratch in the interior back wall, can it be fixed and how?”
Scratches on the interior of a microwave oven can usually be repaired if they are not too serious. For light scratches, follow the directions below. However, if you have a major scratch on the interior of the microwave, it is best to consult the manufacturer and/or replace the appliance as deep scratches can cause dangerous arcing.
You Will Need:
- Microwave Interior Touch Up Paint
Steps to Repair the Scratch:
- Start by obtaining the Microwave touch up paint for your particular brand of microwave.
- Contact the manufacturer with your model and serial number to request the appropriate touch up paint for the interior of your microwave.
- Paints are available in several colors and most manufacturers have a specific paint for their particular products.
- If you are unable to find paint for your specific brand, try to locate general microwave paint at a local hardware store.
- Apply the paint following the manufacturer’s instructions.
Additional Tips and Ideas
- If you are unsure of your ability to repair the scratch completely, contact a professional for advice and service.
- Major scratches may not be repairable. In these cases, it is recommended to replace the microwave.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods