Amanny asked: How do I remove scuff marks from black kitchen appliances? There is a scuff mark on my fridge door, and I don’t know how to remove it.
Scuff marks can be caused by a variety of things. It’s important to ensure that the mark is simply a scuff, and not a scratch. Scuff marks occur when a layer (usually rubber) is left on the surface from something rubbing up against it. A scratch is a mark that goes into the surface, leaving a small indent. Scuff marks are easy to remove, so if it does not remove easily, it may actually be a scratch.
You Will Need:
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
- Rubber eraser
- Soft cloths
Steps to Remove the Scuff Marks:
- Mr.Clean Magic Erasers are very effective at removing scuff marks without damaging the surface of the appliance.
- Begin by moistening the sponge with water.
- Gently rub the sponge over the surface of the scuff mark and watch it disappear.
- Avoid applying to much pressure. It is not necessary and can actually rub away the finish on the surface.
- If there are no magic erasers available, a regular white eraser can also be used to rub away scuff marks.
- Windex has also been found effective and can be sprayed on and wiped away with a soft cloth.
Additional Tips and Ideas
- If the scuff mark is small, you may want to cut a small square of the sponge off. This way, the entire sponge does not get wet and can be used more easily at a later time.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods