Matthew asked: How do I clean shaving cream from vinyl siding? There was an incident where shaving cream was sprayed onto 8-year-old vinyl siding. It was initially rinsed off with water, but the shaving cream has left its mark on the siding. I am not sure what type of shaving cream was used, so I have no idea of the ingredients. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Whether it’s a Halloween prank or just an honest accident, removing shaving cream can be a real nuisance. It has a tendency to cling when dried, so the sooner you can treat the stain, the easier it will be to remove.
You Will Need:
- Laundry detergent
- Hot water
- Rubber gloves
- Soft cloths
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Fill the bucket with hot water. The hotter the better..
- Rubber gloves will protect your hands, both from the soap and partially from the heat.
- Add a good amount of laundry detergent to the hot water.
- Agitate to mix.
- Using a soft cloth moistened with the soapy water to scrub the shaving cream off of the siding.
- Once removed, rinse the area completely.
Additional Tips and Advice
- On some darker colored siding, the shaving cream can cause permanent discoloration. These discolored pieces may need to be replaced.