Lewis asked: How do I clean a baked-on adhesive label off a brass lamp? We were hanging a brass lamp and noticed that the adhesive label was darkened. Now, we can’t get it off!
Price tags, instructional highlights, and other features are stuck onto lamps for showroom displays. When these go unnoticed, they can quickly “bake” themselves into a permanent part of the lamp. Fortunately, this adhesive can be removed with a little effort and a few simple items.
You Will Need:
- Mild soap
- Brass cleaner (optional)
- Old soft cloths or sponges
Steps to Remove the Sticker Adhesive:
- Begin by scraping as much of the sticker off as possible with a plastic spoon. Do not use metal as it may scratch the surface.
- Spray a small amount of WD-40 onto the dried adhesive.
- Rub the area in small circular motions with a soft cloth or sponge.
- Repeat until the adhesive is removed.
- WD-40 can be used to polish brass lamps, but if you’d like to remove it after cleaning away the residue, wash the area again. Mix a small amount of mild soap with water and gently wash the area. The area can also be cleaned with a brass cleaner. Rinse with clean water.
- Dry with a soft cloth.
Additional Tips and Advice
- An optional step is to polish the brass with a brass polish to restore the shine.
- If the WD 40 does not remove the residue, try using a quality brass cleaner to rub the area clean.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods