Delores asked: How do I remove smears on my smooth stove top? I’ve tried everything, but after I clean my stove, it’s still smeared.
Cleaning a glass stovetop can be a chore to maintain. While black stovetops are most known for streaks and smears (simply due to the ability to see them on the dark color), all surfaces are susceptible. Here is a quick final cleaning step to add to your cleaning routine.
You Will Need:
- Microfiber cloth
Steps to Remove the Streaks and Smears:
- Begin by cleaning your stove top as normal. Use a good ceramic stove top cleaner or degreasing soap to ensure that any greasy residue has been removed. If there is still grease on the stove, there will continue to be smears.
- Once all of the dirt and debris has been removed, apply a small amount of Cerama-Bryte.
- Wipe the entire surface dry with a microfiber or other lint free cloth.
Additional Tips and Advice
- If you cannot find Cerama-Bryte, there are other glass stovetop cleaners available that will work as well. Check the cleaning aisle for a variety of products.
- Some people have had luck with a simple glass cleaner. Again, make sure that all of the greasy residue has been cleaned away first.
- If no lint-free cloths are readily available, try using yesterday’s newspaper. Just crumple it up and use it to wipe away the cleaning product.