Margaret asked: How do I get blue/purple texta off of cream carpet. I have found texta marks on my cream carpet. It looks as though it has rubbed off the back of something. Help please.
Texta inks are notoriously difficult to remove. The chemical make-up of the ink allows it to bond to most surfaces permanently. There are a few items that have been successful in removing this tricky ink. Here’s some options to try.
You Will Need:
- Eucalyptus oil
- White spirits
- Cotton ball
- Soft cloths
- Specialty stain remover
Steps to Remove the Ink:
- Begin by moistening a cotton ball with either the eucalyptus oil or white spirits.
- Dab it onto the stained area.
- Apply enough so that the stain is completely moistened.
- Allow it to set for several hours to overnight. Reapply as necessary to keep the stain moist.
- Blot with a clean cloth after the stain has had time to “soak” in the applied liquid. Notice whether the stain starts to lift or not.
- Rinse by blotting with a clean cloth and clean water.
- Repeat as necessary until the stain is removed.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Hand cleaner used by artists has been successful in removing texta from various surfaces. Simply blot it on and blot with a clean cloth to remove.
- Gumption has also been found to work well. Use carefully on carpet so that it doesn’t smear the stain
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods