Mamone asked: How do I remove texture plastic film from windows? It was used for privacy, and looks like a sheet of cracked galss. It gave a clear, stained glass appearance. Now, I want to remove it. Help please.
Textured window films offer beauty and privacy without the cost of a custom window, but are they permanent? The type and condition of your window film, not to mention your window, will affect the exact process needed to take the film off, but the good news is that you can remove it if you’d like. Here’s what to do.
You Will Need:
- Razor Blade Scraper
- Glass cleaner
- Microfiber cloth (or paper towels)
Steps to Remove the Film:
- Lift a corner of the film, using the razor blade if necessary.
- Repeat, peeling as much of the film off as possible.
- Once you’ve removed what you can pull, carefully use the scraper to peel the remaining pieces of film.
- Spray any lingering areas with glass cleaner.
- Wipe clean with a microfiber or paper towels.
- Repeat steps as needed until the plastic film is completely gone.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Depending on the type of film and adhesive used, it may be helpful to heat the film with a hair dryer before attempting to remove it.
- If you’re having trouble with the scraper, flatten the handle as close to the window as possible. This ensures you are scraping across the top of the glass instead of pushing into it.
- Always push the scraper away from your body. Do not use the scraper if you have nearby spectators.
- Use caution to keep the razor blade scraper moving across the glass. Using too sharp of an angle can damage the glass surface .
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods