Jody asked: How can I remove stubborn stains from inside the bowl of a toilet? I have tried bleach and other household cleaners with no results!
Toilet bowls put up with a lot of crap, leaving many stains that can be difficult to remove. While it seems that many of them could be washed away, often the most difficult stains are actually mineral deposits from the water. These stains are much more difficult to remove and require stronger methods. These are best to be scraped away using a method that is safe and will not damage the surface of the toilet bowl. Here’s what you need to do.
You Will Need:
Steps to Remove the Stains:
- It is easiest to clean the toilet bowl when it is empty of any water. To empty the bowl, turn off the water and flush the toilet until the bowl no longer fills.
- Put on rubber gloves to protect your hands from any germs and get ready to attack the stains!
- The Works cleaner is available at nearly every store that sells toilet cleaning products. Start by applying a layer around the entire bowl.
- Next, use the pumice stone to scrub away the stains. It will take some elbow grease, but it will remove the stains really well.
- If there is no pumice stone available, a wet/dry sandpaper will also work. Neither of these methods should harm the surface of the toilet. If you see any scratching or marring of the surface, stop immediately and check to ensure you have the correct products.
- Continue scrubbing until all of the stains are removed.
- When finished, turn the water back on and allow both the tank and bowl to fill with water prior to using again.
Additional Tips and Ideas
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners as they can scratch the surface and cause more damage than good.
- Bleach may remove and/or lighten the stains, but it will be much more temporary. Once the mineral deposits are in place, they will quickly regain their color and become prominent again.
- A thorough cleaning like the one above typically lasts a couple of months before needing to be repeated.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods