Michelle asked: How do I get vomit smell out of couch fabric? My son threw up in the middle of the night. It was everywhere, including the back of the couch. We cleaned it off the couch and then steam cleaned it. It is dry, but still has the smell of vomit. What can I do to get the smell out of the fabric on the couch? Thanks.
The best way to remove “body function” odors from just about anything is to use an enzymatic cleaner. These types of cleaners are formulated to eradicate tough vomit, urine, and other organic stains and the smells they leave behind. Here’s one such inexpensive solution.
You Will Need:
- Kids ‘N’ Pets Stain Remover
- Clean sponge or towel
Steps to Remove the Smell:
- Pour Kids ‘N’ Pets directly over the affected area.
- Pat or scrub the area with the sponge or towel. Some fabrics will show wear if you scrub them. When in doubt, blot.
- Wait for the area to dry.
- If the odor lingers, repeat. Be sure to use enough of the product to saturate the fabric as deep as the vomit did. If you don’t tackle the odor on every level, the smell will remain.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Kids ‘N’ Pets is safe for all water-safe surfaces, but it’s always a good idea to spot test before you begin.
- If you have children or pets, be sure to use a enzyme cleaning product that is non-toxic for their protection.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods