Carol asked: How do I remove white burn marks from my black glass stovetop? I let some eggs I was boiling go dry and explode. The copper bottom pan left a white burn mark on the burner. I have tried soda, water and lemon with no avail. The commercial glass stove top cleaner did not work either.
Some damage to a glass cooktop simply can’t be reversed. Most removable stains and discolorations, however, can be cleaned quite handily with this product favorite.
You Will Need:
- Bar Keepers Friend
- Damp sponge
- Paper towels
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Squirt liquid Bar Keepers Friend directly onto the stain. If you’re using the powder version, you must wet it into a paste before using it on a glass cooktop.
- Moisten a sponge with plain water.
- Rub the stained area gently.
- Repeat if necessary until the stain is removed.
- Wipe the area clean with damp paper towels.
Additional Tips and Advice
- If you don’t see an improvement on the stain, allow the Bar Keepers Friend to sit on the spot for a few minutes, but do not allow it to dry on the surface.
- Bar Keepers Friend is nonabrasive and safe for use on glass cooktops.
- Do not use scouring pads or other abrasive cleaning agents on glass cooktops.
- If desired, there are ceramic cooktop polishes and cleaners that are made by the manufacturers of the cooktops. These can be found at appliance, hardware and home improvement stores.