Claire asked: How do I remove white paint off a black, high shine finish toilet seat? I have spilled some white, water based or tile paint on my new toilet seat. I have tried white spirits with no result. Are there any other options available? Many thanks.
Latex paint (also known as water-based paint) is relatively easy to clean, especially from a hard surface like a toilet seat. There are many tricks of the trade, but to avoid damaging a high shine finish you’ll want to give this method a try.
You Will Need:
- Olive oil
- Clean rag
Steps to Remove the Paint:
- Use your finger to rub olive oil directly onto the paint.
- Wait a few moments for the oil to soften the paint spot.
- Begin to work the paint off the seat using your fingernail or a clean rag.
- Repeat as necessary. Depending on the size of the paint spot, multiple applications may be necessary to fully penetrate the thickness of the paint.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Use caution when scraping at the paint. Blunt objects or scouring pads will quickly remove the softened paint, but may scratch or damage the finish of the toilet seat.