Linda asked: I have a kitchen that was installed about three years ago. Time got away from me, and I have never sealed my granite countertop. Now I am going to, but there are some dull spots. They are granite tiles. Where we usually have the coffee maker, the four tiles are dull. I would like to restore the shine before I seal. What can I do?
Granite countertops should be sealed immediately and repeated annually in order to keep them in top condition. And, indeed, failure to do so may lead to irreversible damage to the granite. As a result, it’s entirely possible that you will never restore the original shine, but the following steps should improve the look.
You Will Need:
- Granite and Countertop Polish (Check your local hardware/home improvement stores)
- Soft clean towel(s)
Steps to Restore the Shine:
- Squeeze a small amount of polish onto the dull surface.
- Rub the polish with a clean towel until it dries to a haze.
- Use a second clean towel to polish the haze away to a shine.
Additional Tips and Advice
- To maintain the look of your granite countertop, seal it as soon as possible and reseal annually, or as needed.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods