Hair extensions don’t require a high level of maintenance, but a good cleaning routine will keep them looking great longer. Your stylist will give you the instructions for your particular extensions, but for general cleaning, this method is safe for most real hair extensions.
You Will Need:
- Quality shampoo
Steps to Wash the Extensions:
- Start by brushing and combing your hair to remove any tangles.
- Gradually add water to moisten the hair. If the hair is dry and you soak it with water, it can swell and create matting and tangles. This can lead to damage for the extensions.
- Comb or brush the hair as you moisten it to keep it from tangling.
- Add an appropriate amount of a good quality shampoo.
- Wash the extensions from the top down while gently working the shampoo into the strands.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water, again working from the top down.
- Apply a quality conditioner, but avoid adding too much. Too much conditioner can cause build up that can lead to tangles. A leave-in conditioner is ideal.
- Wrap your hair in a towel and gently press the excess water out.
- Comb through the extensions and allow them to air dry.
- Style as usual.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Heat can dry out and damage extensions. Use blow drying and styling only when needed to lengthen the life of the extensions.
- Quality extensions cost more, but they hold up better to washing and styling.
- For the best types of shampoo/conditioner, consult your beautician.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods