Fur items are luxurious and also very delicate to care for. It’s best to leave their cleaning to the professionals. You have made an investment in your fur garment or accessory, and it’s worth it to protect that investment.
Caring for Fur
- Fur coats and accessories should only be cleaned by a professional furrier.
- When storing a fur garment, always use a padded hanger, place it in a pure cotton bag secured tightly just under the hook of the hanger, and hang in a cool, dark location.
- If your fur garment has gotten wet (from rain, snow, sleet, etc.), blot the excess water gently with a clean white cotton towel and hang the coat in a warm, dry place away from direct heat or sunlight until dry. NEVER store a damp fur garment as this will invite mold and mildew to ruin the garment.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Fur garments that have been stored should be taken out and shaken out at least every three months.
- If you spill something on your fur garment, blot the spill immediately with a clean, white cotton towel, and take the fur garment to a furrier for cleaning as soon as possible.
- NEVER store a fur coat in a plastic bag or other non-breathable bag.
- During the summer months, you may want to consider having your fur professionally stored in cold storage with your furrier.