Even when proper markers are used, when they sit on the whiteboard surface for an extended amount of time, they can be difficult to remove. Rumkin.com has done research with a variety of cleaning products. These top picks will get your whiteboard clean, sparkling and ready for use.
You Will Need:
- Cleaning product (choose one)
- Isopropyl alcohol
- MB 10W whiteboard cleaner
- Nail polish remover
- Greased Lightning
- Soft cloths
Steps to Clean the Whiteboard:
- Select a cleaning product from the list above.
- If the product causes fumes, open the windows and ensure the area is well-ventilated.
- Apply the cleaning product using a soft cloth. Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers as they can damage the surface.
- Rub the ink with the soft cloth until it is clean.
Additional Tips and Advice
- The longer ink sits on a whiteboard, the more likely it is to stain.
- Some inks are easier to remove than others.
- The products above can be substituted for other products containing the active ingredient. For example, many hairsprays have a high alcohol content and will also remove ink from the surface.
- For tough areas, the Magic Eraser is effective in removing ink and staining. However, use it sparingly as it can remove some of the protective surface.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods