You don’t need vinegar, baking soda, or any other cleaners to clean your microwave oven. Below we will tell you how to easily clean it with nothing but a rag or sponge and water. Very fast and very easy!
How to clean your microwave with nothing but water!
If your microwave is coated in splatters and has crap crusted on the sides and tip of the oven, this is by far the easiest way to remove all of it and make it look fresh and new.
- Saturate a sponge or cloth with water and wring it out so it is still wet, but not dripping. This can be a dish sponge that you want to sanitize or even just a paper towel that you soak with water.
- Place it into the microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Once the 2 minutes is up, let it sit for a minute – the sponge/towel will be hot! When it’s cool enough to remove, take it out and immediately wipe the interior with a clean cloth or paper towels. The steam from the sponge/towel that you just cooked will loosen up anything crusted on the interior.
- If the first round of steaming wasn’t enough after wiping, repeat steps 1-3 again until everything comes out. No need for any chemicals or cleaning agents.
- The turntable can be removed and cleaned in the sink like a plate. After steaming it should be easy enough to wipe it down but if not, scrub it as required and replace it.
That’s it! This method works because the moisture in the item youi cook escapes as steam and softens everything else up. It’s simple, fast, and effective. If you sanitize your sink sponges in the microwave, this is the perfect opportunity to clean your oven while you do.