Ruth asked: How do I clean bicycle tire marks from carpets? A friend rode his bicycle on the carpeted hallway in my office building and left a rubber “burn” mark when applying the brakes. Thanks!
To remove bicycle tire marks from carpet, try this simple, eco-friendly solution. It will not only clean your carpet, but also provides built-in protection against future stains.
You Will Need:
- Simple Green Carpet Cleaner
- Soft bristled brush
- Clean water
- Soft absorbent towel
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Begin by spraying a generous amount of Simple Green Carpet Cleaner over the stain.
- Moisten a soft bristled brush with water.
- Work the cleaner into the tire marks with a damp brush.
- If necessary, allow the cleaner to set on the stain to allow it time to loosen the rubber from the carpet fibers.
- Once the stain is gone, wipe the area free of the foam with a clean damp sponge, rinsing frequently.
- Once the stain is removed, and the cleaning residue is rinsed away, blot dry with a soft, absorbent towel.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Always spot test in a hidden area to check for color fastness before you begin.
- Follow all instructions and warnings on the bottle label, using only as directed.