Sheila asked: How can I remove mildew from a white sundress? A white cotton sundress has a few black mold/mildew spots that did not come off in the wash.
Mold and mildew can leave their mark and stick around despite normal cleanings. If the fabrics are washable, especially cotton and cotton blends, the mildew can be killed and removed with bleach. Follow these steps to remove the mildew and the stains.
You Will Need:
- Laundry detergent
Steps to Remove the Mildew:
- Place the fabric in the washing machine with other white clothing.
- Fill the machine as usual with warm water and laundry detergent.
- Add one cup of bleach to the water using the bleach dispenser.
- Wash as normal.
- The bleach will kill the mildew and mold spores and remove the stains as well.
- Check the clothing before drying to ensure that the stains are gone.
- Repeat if necessary.
- Dry as you normally would.
Additional Tips and Ideas
- Do not use this method on colored fabrics as the bleach will cause discoloration.
- If you are unsure that the fabric can tolerate bleach, take the clothing to a professional cleaner for removal.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods